Last night I had the opportunity to present again to the Mad Railers group here in Madison. My talk was titled “Writing, for love and money”. I took others along the journey I had while working on Web Development Recipes and some tips I learned from Brian Hogan, who is one of my co-authors and mentor over the years.
Some of my main points where:
- Write every day (http://750words.com/)
- Decide who your audience is
- Help your reader get to the next level
- Get feedback from your friends, family and co-workers
- If you want to get published, find a publisher you respect
- Docbook is a great way to get started https://github.com/napcs/docbook